Planter's and Citizen's Bank
21 North Harney Street
Camilla
GA 31730
(229)336-5271
info@pcbankonline.com

Current Forecast

Sep. 26, 2016
Monday
71 Mostly Cloudy
Hi: 89 Low: 68

Copyright 2016 Planter's and Citizen's Bank

Notice: Planters and Citizens Bank is not responsible for and has no control over the subject matter, content, information, or graphics of the web sites that have links here. The portal features are being provided by an outside source - The bank is not responsible for the content. Please contact us with any concerns or comments.

Access Accounts

Online Banking Login

Make the move to P&C Bank

Download our easy to use Switch Kit!


Contact Us

Phone: 229.336.5271
Fax: 229.336.7930

21 North Harney Street
Post Office Box 449
Camilla, Georgia 31730

info@pcbankonline.com


Hours

Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm
Friday 9am-5pm
Drive Thru opens daily at 8:30am

EmailEmail  PrintPrint  a a a

History

Overview

Planters and Citizens Bank (P&C Bank) is a thriving, community oriented, progressive single office financial institution located in the heart of Southwest Georgia. Changes in banking procedures and banking services are made when desired to accommodate the needs of a multi-faceted, agri-business community, as well as any person who wants to do business with a bank that can be trusted. The value and banking needs of an individual or a business are foremost in the plans of the P&C Bank.

Early History

The history of the Planters & Citizens Bank goes back to 1904. That is the year in which The Citizens Bank was chartered.

The Planters Bank and the Citizens Bank both opened their doors in the early 1900's. The larger of these two, Citizens Bank, located on Broad Street, was led by its president and director, George C. Cochran. The Planters Bank was headed by G. B. Cochran, the brother of the before mentioned George. At the time there were seven additional banks located in Mitchell County. Of those eight banks, four are now closed.

On June 13, 1913, the Planters Bank and the Citizens Bank merged to form the Planters & Citizens Bank, under the original Citizens Bank charter. The bank was originally housed in the existing Citizens Bank structure until it was moved in 1956 to its present location on Harney Street. When the two banks merged, George C. Cochran, president of the Citizens Bank, became the first president of the Planters & Citizens Bank. He served in this position until his death in 1914. G. B. Cochran was elected Vice President of the new bank and served in that position until his brother's death in 1914, at which time he took over as president. G. B. remained president of the bank until he died in the fall of 1937. In 1924, G. B. Cochran's son A. B., fondly known as "Bubba", came to work with the bank. Bubba was an assistant cashier from 1927 until 1946. In January of 1946, he was elected Vice President of the bank, a position that he held until June 1972. Throughout his 48 years with the bank, Bubba also served on the Board of Directors.

During the early years after consolidation, T. G. Tyson came to the bank and held a position on the Board of Directors. Tyson served as a director until 1942. Following G. B. Cochran's death, Tyson was elected president in January of 1938. He held this position until January 1942.

1942-1959

In 1942, E. J. Vann, Jr. (E. J.) was elected President of the P&C Bank, and he served in that position until 1959. Mr. Vann first joined the bank in 1914 for five years and then again in the 1930's. He continued to hold the position of Chairman until his death in June 1968. The P&C Bank had grown in deposits from approximately $125,000 in 1913 to $3,577,000 in 1957 according to a Statement of Condition dated December 31, 1957.

1959-1969

Emory Judson Vann, III (Smokey) became President in 1959 when his father retired. Mr. Smokey Vann joined the bank in 1939, but left during WWII and rejoined the bank in December 1944. As in the past, the P&C Bank continued to thrive under his leadership. When Smokey passed away in June 1969, his wife, Hilda Hancock Vann, became a Director and held this position until December 1983.

1969-1983

In 1969 Joe Barber Adams was elected President and Chief Executive Officer of the P&C Bank after E. J. Vann, III passed away. Mr. Adams served the bank as a teller, Assistant Cashier, and Cashier. Adams served as President until his retirement in December 1983 when he was elected to the position of Chairman of the Board of Directors, which he held until his death on August 1, 1997. The P&C Bank continued to increase its holdings of assets throughout Joe Barber Adams' term as President.

In addition, in the 1960's Frank C. Vann, a well-known Camilla attorney, joined the Board of Directors. Vann was the son of E. J. Vann, Jr. and the younger brother of E. J. Vann, III. He was elected Chairman in 1969 and served in this position until December 1973.

1983-Present

Emory Judson Vann, IV (Jud) was elected to the positions of President and Chief Executive Officer in December of 1983. Since July 1971 Jud served as Assistant Cashier, Cashier, Vice President, Corporate Secretary, and Executive Vice President of the P&C Bank before following in both his father's and grandfather's footsteps by becoming President. Jud continues to hold the three positions of Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of P&C Bank. Throughout Jud Vann's term the bank has continued to prosper through visionary leadership and stable business practices.

Future . . .

Although P&C Bank has evolved with the advancement of technology, it has remained as it was begun—strong, stable and progressive. Now, the Planters and Citizens Bank is ready to move into the next century and to offer banking services on both a community and regional level. The integrity of the P&C Bank has been a hallmark since its beginning and is the cornerstone for its future. Its trustworthiness and soundness has been extended now to the Internet, bringing with it a new millennium of growth, prosperity, and service to its customers.

Over the past 100 years, the Planters & Citizens Bank has not just been building a financial institution; we have been building a community. P&C Bank, since its inception, has been a vital part of Camilla and Mitchell County. It has been in the business of making Camilla and Mitchell County a better place for its citizens to live and work. It has been that way for 100 years. It's going to stay that way.

nimblecmsan NTS product